Through high quality teaching and learning of Geography, Penryn Primary Academy's intent is to:
- Provoke and provide answers to questions about the natural and human aspects of the world
- Allow children to develop an interest in their local surroundings and the importance of caring for the local environment.
- Develop a knowledge of processes that help to form key features of the world.
- Develop children’s sense of awe and wonder of the world around them.
- Enhance a sense of responsibility for the world in which we live and the people within it.
- Learn to use specific geographical skills including, fieldwork, map skills and geographical enquiry.