Our intent for music at Penryn Primary Academy is to encourage all pupils to:
- Be motivated to enjoy and succeed in music.
- Explore different musical instruments and techniques provided by instrumental teaching opportunities.
- Develop musical skills and concepts through listening, appraising, performing and composing.
- Develop social skills through co-operation with others in the shared experience of music making.
- Develop an understanding of musical traditions and developments in a variety of cultures and over time.
To see how Music is being taught throughout the school, take a look at our year group class pages and their curriculum coverage maps.